Saturday, January 2, 2010

Take the Debunking Christianity Challenge in 2010.


John Loftus has issued a challenge to Christians everywhere. He says:

Do this. I’ll call this the Debunking Christianity challenge. Do what Andrew Atkinson did. He had read up on all of the top Christian apologetics books and then decided in fairness to read all of the top skeptical books. What he found was that the skeptical books ended his faith. They had better arguments.

Come on…what are you afraid of? If your faith can withstand our arguments then you will be a better informed Christian with a much stronger faith. If your faith cannot withstand our arguments then your faith wasn’t worth having in the first place. YOU HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE!



Share/Bookmark

If you enjoyed this post, I hope you'll check out my new blog.

3 comments:

  1. Interesting.
    The challenge is to reach the ones who would never consider reading the enemy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, truthfully, Sabio, I would really love to read more Christian apologetic books. There's just never enough time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read many in my Christian days. Nowadays, as an atheist, I occasionally try to read Christian books to learn about the various flavors and theologies of Christianity. I am curious how people spin their webs of support beliefs.

    ReplyDelete

Religion, skepticism, and carving out a spiritual life post-Mormonism