Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Why do you still talk about Mormonism if you don't want anything to do with it?

There's an excellent discussion going on over at Main Street Plaza about this topic. All of us from LDS backgrounds know the phrase, "You can leave the Church, but you can't leave it alone." Those of us who have left weigh in on why we still talk about our former faith.

Some of the answers have included:

Because it's part of my past and who I am.


Isn't Mormonism interesting? Do you have to believe in something to enjoy discussing it?


Because I want to help others who are struggling and unhappy in the faith.


Because I see lies and injustices within the organization and feel an obligation to speak out.



Go visit MSP to read all the comments and contribute your own.

Share/Bookmark

If you enjoyed this post, I hope you'll check out my new blog.

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to capitalize on the one word difference you've made in your post title.

    It's not that I don't want anything to do with *Mormonism*. It's that I don't want anything to do with the church/the faith. I believe there is a lot more to Mormonism than the faith/religious part.

    ReplyDelete

Religion, skepticism, and carving out a spiritual life post-Mormonism